TDTU’s missions and goals are truly the lodestars for its strategies and plans in each stage of development which the university has been preparing for the next three decades.
TDTU has the responsibility of developing high quality human resources for Ho Chi Minh city (HCMC) and the whole country in which we lay a clear emphasis on giving training to labour workers, conducting increasingly effective applied and scientific research to contribute to the country’s development in the long run and committing themselves to increasing the country’s prosperity, stability and sustainability. We are also expected to contribute more to the world’s peace and civilization.
II. Long-term Goals
TDTU is determined to become an applied research university within the next three decades and play a keyrole in training, retraining, fostering and enhancing professional knowledge and required skills for the demands of the high quality human resources of an industrialized and modernized nation.
To achieve these goals, TDTU is pursuing the following official policies:
- Keep recruiting and training the academic forces carefully and building a team of highly qualified, professional and responsible staff and lecturers.
- Constantly develop the scientific research, applied research, training management and ISO working routines in all areas, stay committed to ensuring the objective accredictation to standardize the outcomes of TDTU.
- Increase long-term and continuous investments in infrastructure for the next three decades and ensure the adequate, intensive and timely facilities to accomplish quality objectives in each stage of training and researching.
- Emphasize both local and international media attention for the University; expand the number of foreign experts as well as students; turn TDTU into the knot of the globalized process in the South East Asia region.
- Keep expanding the cooperation programs with international universities which are in the world’s TOP 500 to enhance the University’s reputation, to facilitate more opportunities in learning and experience modern management, to benefit from the advanced knowledge of foreign countries and to receive the transfer of foreign training models; quickly improve the training quality of some major equivalent to regional and international standards. All of the TDTU’s degrees must be approved and accredited by international organizations.
III. Goals for 2014-2019
TDTU strives to successfully achieve the six following goals:
(1) Improve and enhance higher levels of accomplishments from the 2008-2013 development plans; promote the foundation of the entire achievement aspects, focus on enhancing the quality of scientific and technological development.
(2) Expand the graduate training in all majors. Complete the second five-year plan (2019) of all graduate training modes not less than 10 percent of full-time undergraduate training.
(3) Establish research institutes specializing in fields that are lacking nationally. During the second five-year period, it is a must for the University to establish a minimum of four new research institutes and to add and establish a minimum of two key laboratories meeting the national standards.
(4) Comprehensively internationalize the university:
- Cooperate the sandwich model of graduate programs with universities in the TOP 700+ list;
- Cooperate research with foreign experts who will work as team leaders;
- Organize periodical international seminars;
- Request the participation of foreign lecturers in all faculties;
- Develop 03 key international journals of the University;
- Expand cooperation modes of undergraduate training;
- Enroll more international students;
- Exchange international students annually;
- Successfully implement the education accreditation and the University’s ranking with categories published by AUN and HCERES;
- Maximize the number of international publications and remain number one in Vietnam;
- Organize a comprehensive system of media attention; enhance the reputation and recognition of Ton Duc Thang University locally and internationally.
(5) Intensively enhance the high quality human resources with the number of doctoral degree holders reach 60% in total; more and more professional staff; responsible, devoted team of key leaders.
(6) Complete phase 1 and start phase 2 of building the university to become one of the TOP 500 research universities of the world by 2037.