Seminar in December 2020
The Department for Management of Science & Technology Development, Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU), would like to announce the periodical seminar in December 2020 as follows:
Time: From 13:00 to 15:00 on December 30, 2020
Venue: Meeting room C, TDTU; 19 Nguyen Huu Tho, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City;
There will be 4 reports presented at the seminar:
- Estimating the ligand‐binding affinity via λ‐dependent umbrella sampling simulations
- Planar tetracoordinate carbon: The CX9 and CX42+ clusters, with X = Si, Ge
- A size-dependent meshfree approach for free vibration analysis of functionally graded microplates using the modified strain gradient elasticity theory
- Fast Fourier transform - based free energy method: application for protein-protein binding
Speakers: Experts who will be present at the seminar include:
- Dr. Ngo Son Tung, Head of the Laboratory of Theoretical and Computational Biology (TCB)
- Dr. Nguyen Minh Tam, Member of the Computational Chemistry research team (COMCHEM)
- Dr. Thai Hoang Chien, Member of the DCM team
- Dr. Nguyen Trung Hai, Member of the Laboratory of Theoretical and Computational Biology (TCB)
Languages: English and Vietnamese
Attendees: interested scientists, researchers and students may participate and join in the discussion. Register your participation with the Organizing Committee before December 29, 2020 (Telephone: 028 37755037, Email: email@example.com).
Information about speakers:
- Dr. Ngo Son Tung is the author of more than 40 ISI publications (h-index 14), with some published in leading journals, including Coordination Chemistry Reviews (Impact factor: 14.5), Journal of Biological Chemistry (Impact factor: 4.2), and Journal of Physical Chemistry B (Impact factor: 3.2).
- Dr. Nguyen Minh Tam is the author of more than 40 ISI publications (h-index 15), including some publications in Journal of Physical Chemistry C (Impact factor 4.3), Scientific Reports (Impact factor 4.1), and Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics (Impact factor 3.57).
- Dr. Thai Hoang Chien is the author of more than 50 ISI publications (h-index 26), including some outstanding publications in Composites Part B: Engineering (IF = 6.864), Composite Structures (IF = 4.829), Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering (IF = 4.821), International Journal of Mechanical Sciences (IF = 4.134). Dr. Chien is one of TDTU’s leading experts in the field of Computational Mechanics.
- Dr. Nguyen Trung Hai is the author of more than 20 ISI publications (h-index 10); with some outstanding publications in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (Impact factor 9.5), Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation (Impact factor 5.4), and Chemistry–A European Journal (Impact factor 5.1). Dr. Hai is one of TDTU's leading experts in the methods of calculating the Ligand-Binding Affinity of biological systems.