I-Establishment and development
- For the purpose of establishing a professional department to assist the Board of Rectors in organizing and carrying out the work of organization, personnel and administrative documents, the project to establish the Personnel and Administrative Affairs Department was developed at the same time with the University Establishment Project on March 14, 1997.
- Right after having the Decision on establishment the University, at the first meeting of the Board of Trustees (on November 07, 1997), the Board of Trustees agreed on establishing some functional departments. On February 28, 1998, the Personnel and Administrative Affairs - Facility Management Department was established under the Decision No.33/TĐT-QD issued by the President.
- On March 19, 1998, adapting to the situation of the University at that time, the President issued the Decision No.78/TĐT-TCHC on establishing the Personnel and Administrative Affairs Department, and the Department of Facility Management, by splitting the Personnel and Administrative Affairs – Facility Management Department.
- On February 24, 2000, the Personnel and Administrative Affairs - Student Affairs Department was established under Decision No.155/TĐT-QĐ, by merging two departments: Personnel and Administrative Affairs Department and Student Affairs Department.
- Along with the development of the University, on November 25, 2005, the President issued the Decision No.774/TĐT-TCNS on separating the Personnel and Administrative Affairs - Student Affairs Department into Personnel and Administrative Affairs Department, and Student Affairs Department. In years, the structure of the Personnel and Administrative Affairs Department has been changing to perform the function better and better and to adapt to the development of the University.
Based on the Decision No.68/TĐT-TCNS dated July 26, 2006 issued by the President, the Personnel and Administrative Affairs Department has following functions:
- To give advices to the President on the work of organization, personnel, emulation and general administration.
- To perform the welfare program for employees; the work of statistic, synthetic, administration, clerical and storage documents.
- To bring out health care for employees and students.
- To supervise other units of the University in implementing the rules, regulations and instructions of the President.
- To be in charge of being a spokesman, arranging schedules, welcoming guests of the University (except for international visitors); together with related units to organize the reception attentively.
Over the period of construction and development with different names, many staffs have been contributing to the achievement of the Department in particular and of the University in general.
- List of Head of Department over times:
- List of current staffs:
Room No. A0009, Ton Duc Thang University - 19 Nguyen Huu Tho Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, HCMC
Telephone number: (028) 3775 5035; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org